Just a brief note on how to jailbreak your iPhone. Wrote this down while waiting my jailbreaking phone with iOS4.1 to be ready.
The jailbreaking step is consider easy, but in the middle there are quite a lot of details you need to pay attention to. Especially, you don’t want your previous jailbroken data to be erased and reinstall back all the apps and data one by one again.
Update New Firmware with Jailbroken iPhone
- If you have a jailbroken phone, back up it using a jailbreak apps – PKGBackup (paid app). Run it and back up your packages. So after backing up, use iTunes to give it a synchronization. All data will store onto your desktop.
- Download the official iPhone iPhone firmware (*.ipsw). There are several methods on internet you can find the proper firmware for your phone.
- Force your iPhone into recovery mode with the USB connected, by pressing Power + HOME button.
- When the iPhone screen light up, release only the Power button, keep the HOME button pressing still. Until your iTunes detects a DFU mode. iTunes will prompt you to recover your iPhone.
- Manually restore your iPhone by pressing Shift + click the restore button.
- Choose the firmware file (*ipsw) you have downloaded for iPhone.
- Wait…. maybe 4 – 10 minutes.
- Then after your iPhone is flashed with new firmware, iTunes will inform you that “Set up Your iPhone” by restoring from back up. DO NOT Restore yet, because you haven’t jailbreak your iPhone yet.