At the beginning of this year, I covered how to get a Kindle to ship to Singapore, similar methods also can be applied to Kindle restricted countries. After that, the second most asked question I get was ‘How do I purchase Kindle books outside of USA?’.
Of course, if your countries not within the restricted region, you can directly purchase the ebook with your credit card. But I found out that United States Amazon will have the most complete book titles compare to other country Kindle stores. So, this might be a good reason for you to buy books on United States Kindle store.
Here are the steps from my experience:
- You need to ensure you have set your country to United States
- Go to Amazon.com -> Your Account -> Manage your Kindle -> Your Country
- Select United States. I’m not sure whether it need a valid USA address for validation, but if you previously purchase your Kindle with a USA mail forwarder like me, then this won’t give you any issue.
- Actual Ebooks Purchase
- The method I used is buying some Amazon Gift Cards and email to yourself. So by doing that, you are able to top up your Amazon Account with some money credits. It sounds like some sort of money laundry, hehe.
- This method bypasses Amazon from checking whether you have a USA credit card.
That’s all. If you have any other methods that worth sharing with our readers, leave a comment below!
Getting a $79 Kindle today? Go here!